This page has a short study about the word: Soul.
Luke 12:  And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.  And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?  And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.  And he spoke a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:  And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?  And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
The Greek word for: Shall be required is: ἀπαιτοῦσιν.
Definition: To ask back, exact something due. Demand back, demand to have returned, especially of things forcibly taken or rightfully belonging to one. Thy soul, entrusted to thee by God for a time, is demanded back.
One day in your life, your soul will be required and taken from you by force.
It is to your Eternal advantage to spend more time towards preparing for that day of departure.
…101. Will Your Entrance be the Port of Heaven or Hell?101
…285. The Book of Life. Part 1.285
…286. The Book of Life. Part 2.286
…347. Our Life is as Dust.347
…1999. The Heavenly Mount Zion.1999
…2000. The Life We Live.2000
…2014. Appointment with Death.2014
…2058. The Soul.2058
-  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
-  And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Ben-oni: but his father called him Benjamin.
-  In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
-  (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
-  But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
-  Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
-  Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
-  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
-  Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
-  Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
-  When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
-  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
-  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your soul
-  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
-  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
-  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
-  Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
-  For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
-  Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
-  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
-  And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
-  And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
-  And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
-  (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
-  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
-  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
-  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
-  In your patience possess ye your soul
-  Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
-  Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
-  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
-  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand soul
-  And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
-  And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
-  And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
-  Then sent Joseph, and called his father Jacob to him, and all his kindred, threescore and fifteen soul
-  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
-  Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
-  And we were in all in the ship two hundred threescore and sixteen soul
-  Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
-  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
-  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
-  Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
-  So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
-  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
-  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
-  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
-  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
-  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
-  Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
-  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
-  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
-  Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
-  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
-  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
-  For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
-  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
-  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
-  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
-  Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
-  Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
-  And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
-  And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
-  And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
-  And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
-  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.